This course is designed for those who have completed the introductory tarot course and who want to delve deeper into the tarot. It is suited to those who are in professional practice and this course improves your working knowledge of the tarot in a fun atmosphere. As our teaching methods are quite specific, it is not possible to attend this course until you have completed the introductory tarot course. It also offers telephone reading techniques and a demonstration telephone tarot reading using a speaker-phone. In this way students can hear both sides of the conversation as they watch the reading unfold. Course brochure.
Advanced Tarot course
Who is it for?
Based on Paul’s book Advanced Tarot, this course is designed for those who have completed the Introductory tarot Course and who want to delve deeper into the tarot. It is suited to those who want to pursue professional practice as this course will improve your working knowledge of the tarot in a fun atmosphere. As our teaching methods are quite specific, it is not possible to attend this course until you have completed the introductory tarot course.
This advanced course also offers telephone and Skype reading techniques and demonstration Skype readings. In this way, students can see and hear both sides of the conversation as they watch the reading unfold. Course brochure.
As this is an advanced course, more emphasis is given to layouts, dealing with clients when reading for them and tips for setting up a successful practice in a changing industry. Also included are:
- a simple 11 step reading process.
- how to make sense of Yes / No questions.
- learning to know when the Court cards describe people, aspects of the client or situations.
- a chance to design your own layout, such as a causes/consequences layout or a career/relationship spread.
- a powerful demonstration of how to find appropriate card meanings. Paul demonstrates this with a single set of seven cards, asking students to interpret their meanings for five different questions.
- the seven main chakras of the body and a chakra layout to read them through the tarot.
- how to encourage the client to feel at ease during a reading.
- combining intuition with learned card meanings to improve accuracy.
- your rights and responsibilities as a reader.
- a range of professional opportunities for readers, including markets, Skype, FaceTime, Zoom and telephone services, healing centres and in private practice.
Course notes. Course notes are included in the form of Paul’s book, Advanced Tarot. Students also receive a folder of handouts (around 20 pages of charts, including an Advanced Tarot Log). This allows you to focus on the demonstrations, exercises and the reading process instead of taking notes continuously.
Certification. A certificate is granted to those who successfully complete written and practical assessment. The practical component includes giving a 40-minute reading to a stranger. These readings are recorded and the client is given the recording, just as you would in private practice. Assessments are optional. You’ll need to complete and log 50 readings before sitting for exams. Assessments are by appointment only and can be completed at your leisure. The fee to sit an assessment is $100.
Course location. 8A Hillside Crescent, Epping NSW 2121 (just off Chesterfield Road).
Course times. Sydney courses are held on three consecutive Sundays, from 10:00 am until 5:30 pm. Morning and afternoon tea is supplied and there is a generous lunch break with many local cafés and take away food suppliers close by.
Repeat offer. When you have completed a course at the Academy you can repeat that course within two years for only A $150.00 incl GST, subject to available space. This ensures that students have every opportunity to master their chosen subjects at their own pace. (The repeat fee is subject to change without notice).
Dates: To Be confirmed. Course brochure.
Times: Each Sunday 10:00am to 5:30pm
Venue: 8A Hillside Crescent, Epping NSW 2121
Fees: $450.00 including Advanced Tarot book and a folder of charts and handouts.